Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Vocabulary Notebook UNIT 10

Exercise 1. Match the expressions with the situations.
1. I'm sorry. I have the wrong number. b. You call the wrong number by mistake.
2. There is no answer. d. The phone rings rings, but nobody answers it
3. We have a bad connection a. You cant hear some clearly.
4. The line is busy. e. The person you are calling is talking on the phone
5. Where were you? c. You com back to conversation after interruption.

Exercise 2.
You have problems getting hold of someone:
I will ask him or her to call back when he or she have a free time.

You ask to speak to someone:
Can I speak to ............

You have problem with the call while you're talking:
I will decline and call back.

You need to interrupt the conversation:
I will ask and excuse for interruption and call back.

You can't talk now, but you can talk later:
I will ask then, can I talk back, I don't have a free time right now.

On your own.

Suddenly door opens and my parents come home with all baggage and I have to help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment