Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Touchstone Checkpoint UNIT 4-6

Exercise 1.
1. What are you doing next weekend?
I'm going to go to the USA.

2. Are you going to go shopping after class?
No, I'm not. I'm not going to go shopping.


3. Is it going to rain?
Yes, look at this black clouds, it's going to rain

4. Did you move from another city?
Yes, I did. I moved to from another city.

5. Where did you go on vacation last year?
I went to the Terelj.

6. What was your favorite subject in school?
The physic was my favorite subject on school.

7. Are there a lot of fun places in your neighborhood?
Yes, I went to the cinema and game centers when I was young.

Exercise 2.
A: Is there a good music store around here?
B: There is a until on the corner of Fifth and Oak.
A: It's one?
B: On Fifth Avenue, and everything, Sixth Avenue, and Oak.
A: Did you say Sixth Avenue? A couple of blocks away?
B: Yeah. They have all kinds of music, and you can watch music videos and do karaoke and everything.
A: You can do what?
B: Karaoke. I went last week. Well, I mean I didn't go inside, but it looks great. Do you want to go?
A: Now? I'm not sure. What time does it close?
B: It doesn't close
A: Oh okay. I can get my grandfather video for his birthday.
B: You buy him music videos? How old is he?
A: Well, he was born in 1945, so how old is that?
B: I don't know. I never could do math.

Exercise 3.
Events you are going to celebrate this year: Children's Day, New Year, My birthday.
Important dates for you: 10th of August my birthday, 28th of August first day of lessons.
Place on town you go often: cinema, school, IT park.
Subjects you're never going to study: biology, geometry.


Exercise 4.
1. What's your city, I mean, your neighborhood like?
2. Are you going to any birthday parties, I mean, weddings this year?
3.Can you give me directions to a bank around here? I mean, a cash mashine?
4.When did you learn to swim? I mean, when did you learn to walk.
5. What was your worst, I mean best subject in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment