Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Touchstone Checkpoint Unit 1-3

Exercise 1.
Teri: Hi. How are you doing?
Ruth: Not bad.Actually, I have a cold again. But I'm OK.
Teri: Oh, that's too bad. So, what are you doing today?
Ruth: My classmate Sally's here. We are planning an end-of-term party.
Everybody wants some live music this year.
How about you? Are you doing anything special today? Are you listening to a CD?
Teri: No, that is my brother. He plays his guitar. He practices every morning.
Ruth: Hey, is he free on Saturday?
Does he want to play at our party?
We need somebody like him.
Teri: Are you kidding? He is only ten!

Exercise 2.
1. I hate colds, and I get them a lot. Do you get a lot of colds?
I think I dont get them a lot.
2. Some friends and I go to a jazz club every Monday. Do you want to join us next week?
It depends.
3. I have to go to the hospital tomorrow. Can you come with me to there?
Oh I have a lot f work so excuse me.
4. My dad wants to paint the house next weekend. Can you help us on painting?
Actually I'm moving to the LA tomorrow and I cant I guess.
5. I love listening to Norah Jones. She's great! Do you like her, too?
Oh, I don't like her. I don't listen to her.
6. I'm reading a book about the material arts. Would you like to borrow it sometime?
Oh, I have already read it, its really interesting book.

Exercise 3.
Type of music you really like: Hip Hop, rock, jazz, classic.
Type of TV shows you often watch: Star king, How its made.
Hobbies you and your friends have: playing basket ball, watching movie, playing video games.
Clothes you don't like to wear: winter clothes, jeans, big clothes.

Exersice 4.

-I like reading books.
-Me too. I read it when I have a free time.

- I don't enjoy doing exercise.
- I do too. I hate it.

- I'm good at writing code.
- I'm too. I will be a programmist.

- I'm interested in driving cars.
- I'm too I've just got a driver license.

Exercise 5
Alice: Hi Carl. How are things?
Carl: Great. How's school?
Alice: Um, Actually, I'm actually, I'm not at school this year.
Carl: Are you serious. So, what are you doing?
Alice: Well, I'm looking for a job right now.
Carl: Really? What do you want to do?
Alice: Well, I'd like to play music in clubs, but-
Carl: No way! What kind of music?
Alice: Wall I play jazz.
Carl: NO! What instrumental do you play?
Alice: Saxophone and trumpet. But I really need to find someone to play with me.
Carl: I play the piano. Not well, but I'd like to play in band.
Alice: You play the piano? That's great. Maybe we can practice together sometime. I'm free this Friday.
Carl: What's your phone number?
Alice: It's 555-9003. Ok. So call me. Oh look at the time, sorry I have to go.
Carl: Me too I have a piano lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment